Thursday, January 12, 2012

Building anew

It's appropriate that today we got a new set of blocks for Grif in the mail. Today, I laid the foundation to build something new as well. Today, along with getting a million errands done and sending a boatload of emails, I followed up with something that has been at the back of my mind for about a month now -- today I met and committed to working with a personal trainer.

Nothing to do with resolutions (cuz if you remember, I don't really believe in them), more to do with just finally doing something more, today, now, finally, about toning up and getting better into shape. I won't be trite or silly and bemoan my current weight or how fit I'm not -- cuz I am, fit, that is, and not all that overweight. At the end of every yoga class, I give heartfelt, deep-seated thanks for my power, my strength, my beauty and health. I believe in those things -- I am those things. But for as much as yoga helps me maintain (and cleanse and renew and detox and relax), I needed (wanted) to do something a little extra to help me lose that little extra "extra."

Suffice it to say, I'm excited -- proud that I actually took this step and made this decision (and financial commitment) as opposed to just thinking about it or tossing it around as a "wouldn't it be nice if" idea. I'm anxious -- curious to see what kind of results I'll see in the next three to four months. I'm nervous -- to find out how either really behind I've let myself get or how crazy boot-campy my new trainer is going to be.

It's only once a week right now (but I can show up for solo cardio whenever I like), so I'm not expecting instant miracles or results the likes of which will drop me down to the dress size I was when I met Jim (but wouldn't that be cool?). But already, with this sense of accomplishment (and there THAT feeling is again!), I'm feeling stronger, straighter, leaner, lovelier. More powerful, more beautiful, more healthy, more happy. And isn't that what life should be all about?

I'll keep you posted. Literally.

No comments: