Saturday, January 7, 2012

Good stuff.

I'll admit, this daily writing and posting thing is getting harder. I know, I know, it's only been a few days, but it's days like today -- when I'm well and truly exhausted, after three grueling (no, really, grueling) days of editing and indexing into the wee, wee hours, followed by a full day today of top-to-bottom cleaning and high-maintenance dinner prep (but, oh, that salmon and orange-ginger-butter cream sauce were sooo worth it) -- that I can see how easy it would have been to let this go, just this once, for today. I'm the kind of tired where it gets difficult to type or complete thoughts, and would have much rather just gone to bed than haul out this silly laptop.

But no. I have just a few minutes to be true to this challenge I've unwittingly, yet willingly, set for myself. And this one is easy. This one is in thanks for the good friends I have in my life. The ones who listen to my silliness, my woes, my real problems. Really listen. The ones who ask the questions I didn't even know needed to be answered. The ones who offer advice, laughter, understanding and love. This one is for my dear soulmates who embrace my child and take his energy and silliness (and demands) into their whole hearts, and genuinely enjoy him, in turn helping me take a fresh (more patient? more understanding? more joyful?) look at my sweet little boy. This one is for the people who see me, really see me, and still love and accept and support me. Without fail, without question. This one is for Kristy, who is all of these things. And for Jim too, as he is as well (and also possibly because he took care of the HUGE mountain of dishes and pots and pans and mess my colossal dinner made, as he always does). This one is for the good stuff. Cheers. Happy, contented, thankful sigh.

1 comment:

KRuck said...

I don't know when you got the chance to write this because I just left your house, but I'm extraordinarily honored. You are a true gift in my life and so is the fact that you share your family with me. I love you and Jim and Grif so very much. Thank you for including me in your life.