Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Packing up


There was a moment today when I didn't think I would make it. The amount of work I needed to get done, the writing project after writing project, on top of the packing, organizing, cleaning, and all the rest, seemed totally insurmountable. I was sure I'd have to bring more that a little of "real" work home, to complete over vacation, and I was both upset and sick at the thought of that. And I'm sure it showed... I'm famous for that. And then there were the nerves I was feeling about my training appointment today -- the last way I wanted to start off my vacation was with disappointment and frustration....

But somehow, I got the writing done. Most of it was even done really well, turning out much better than I expected. And as a writer, that's often the magic of just putting your head down and plugging through -- at the end, you come back to the surface and realized you churned out something worthwhile. I love it when that happens.

And the training? Went great. I'll be sore tomorrow, but now more than ever, I'm committed to working out and losing weight before an April wedding and before our May music fest. I'm even taking yoga clothes so I can "get my heat" on along with a few vinyasas while on vacation. The skiing... well, I just hope there's snow. I'm psyched to get back on the slopes, if even for only two days.

But packing? I'm still behind on. Cleaning? None done. And I'm rapidly, rapidly losing steam (blaming most on my post-training fatigue and nausea-laden exhaustion)(and a mini spat I had with the pilot)(I hate it when we do that). But for now, here's to making it this far today, which was much, much father and much better than I thought I'd be. And that's something to be proud of, no matter what is still left to do for the night, no matter how I feel physically or mentally. I'm just sooo thankful to even be going, so thankful that we can go and recharge with each other, in that most wonderful, amazing of states. Here's to vacation. And Colorado. And me. And falling asleep one more time with the boy before I leave him for over a week. Goodnight, all. See you soon.

No comments: