Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Acknowledgement

So, I think it's worth noting that as of today, I have posted more blog entries in this first month of 2012 than I did in all of 2010 and 2011. For the past three weeks, it's been an interesting journey, finding shots to take of the boy each day, finding time to sit down here at this computer every day, finding heart to write about something new and poignant and blog-worthy every day.

Some are better than others. Some have made me sit back, after re-reading, and smile in awe and wonder, at my talent, at my life. Some have made me sigh. Some cry. Some are just ok, and even more importantly, I'm ok with those that fall into the realm of mediocre. Only a few have garnered any comments, and I'm ok with that too. Although I do wonder if anyone is following along... or if this will all just become something amazing for Grif and me to look back and read together someday. Either way is perfect.

So here's to writing, every day. And to forgiving myself and being easy on myself if I choose to break that cycle this week -- as we go on a (for me, MUCH-needed) vacation to Colorado, I'd love to promise that I will continue these daily pics and daily posts. And I truly intend to try. But if for some reason I miss one, or choose to miss one, to take a little break, a little breather, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm not going to go crazy trying to take time to post something just to check off another day. That's not what this has been about.

Instead, I'm going to relax. Unwind. Sleep in. Nap. Hopefully do some yoga in Longmont, hopefully doing some skiing in Salida, hopefully see a few movies, and I know catch up with good friends and generally enjoy life. And we'll just see what the rest of the time brings.

So if you've been following along for the last 20-odd days, here's to you too. And if you're reading along and looking back, my future self, here's to you as well. To these and many more. Cheers!

1 comment:

seger said...

I am LOVING the re-dedication to the blog and getting the opportunity to read your wonderful words! You are a true talent and we are blessed that you share it with us.

It makes me think about my defunct blog and how I should get back to it as well. Maybe I'll take your new dedication as inspiration to get back to writing to.