Sunday, January 8, 2012

Big, contented sigh.

Today, for what feels like the first time in eons, and in all honesty, is probably the first time since March of last year, I didn't have anything to do. No writing, editing or indexing projects hanging over my head, no resume favors left undone, no "work" work that I should have been working on pressing down my day or my heart. Nothing left outstanding, nothing to feel guilty about not doing.

Which is not to say that I still didn't have a ton to do. My side of our office is still barely controlled chaos. My hotmail inbox is horribly overloaded. Don't even talk to me about laundry, mountains waiting, and Grif's journal, still not updated. Today, there were veggies to cut up and freeze in prep for Super Bowl chowder and chili, breakfast to make for today and tomorrow, xmas decorations to take down, dinner and dishes and all the rest. But I had time to do all that, without guilt, without being pressed, without feeling like I really should be doing something else. These tasks were optional, leisurely even. Even more amazing, thanks to my pilot, I got to go to yoga today (where my favorite moksha teacher of all time was teaching class, and so it was even more fulfilling and challenging and good than normal), got there early, left late, and still got to take a nap when I got home. And for that I was so thankful. I felt accomplished. Contented. Relieved, relaxed, good.

Today, I had time. And so this is what we did. You want to come draw with me? Yes, honey. Absolutely. And I did it without watching the clock or being anxious about how much longer I could play with the boy before I had to rush off to finish some endlessly unfinished task. Today, I had time. And it felt totally, gratefully, permanently, amazingly, wonderfully good.

No comments: