Friday, January 27, 2012

Feelin Good

So before we left on this trip, I made the commitment to keep up with my yoga practice while I was on vacation. And after a long, long day of traveling, and a long night of barking dogs and dueling guitars, and landing and playing all in a much higher altitude, I wasn't sure that I'd be able -- physically or mentally -- to make it to yoga today. I was worried about my fatigue, my choice of yoga studio out here in CO, my crazy, crazy, crazy sore body from training, and did I mention the altitude? The altitude was already kicking my butt, and I was planning to go to a hot yoga class and try to breathe for an hour? I had to be kidding.

But I wasn't. The studio was awesome -- I felt the yoga love as soon as I walked in. The class was amazing -- and even more importantly, I felt just as amazing. The teacher was fun, the class full, and much cooler than I expected (thank you, Moksha, for upping my tolerance for hot hot hot studios). My breath never got away, my muscles never got too fatigued, we never did anything that I wasn't already well familiar with. And I did all the vinyasas. All of them. And they felt good. Really, really good. I can't wait to go back on both Sunday and hopefully Thursday. 

But what really cemented my choice, what really made me thank the universe that I did the work and motivated and went and practiced this amazing class, was the closing song the teacher played as we came down for our last shivasana... it was a song I've long, long loved. One that has always brought a slow, sensual smile to my face right before I my heart bursts out into song and joy and fun and love and light. A song that was a Jeep song. A singing song, a breathing song. And because the universe is good, and my life is as well (and grandma unknowingly kept up my daily Grif photo promise), because technology is so, so fine, I can share that lovely Nina Simone song with you. I share it with you here. Enjoy. Smile. Revel. Sing. 

No comments: