Saturday, January 14, 2012

Short and sweet.

I almost slept through this one... and honestly, there was a moment (brief, but there) when I almost deliberately decided to skip today's post altogether. Not for any reason really, outside of the general lateness of the hour, general tiredness from the day, and the fact that I'd been asleep in the boy's bed with him for the past hour after we got home from our respective parties... but none of that seemed a good enough reason. I have tons of editing and indexing to review tomorrow -- which means (hopefully) the last of the days where I can't play with Grif much as I sit at the table at work. And which means that I'll (probably) miss the Golden Globes (yeah, I'm one of those people -- I LOVE the awards, I love the speeches, I love the dresses, I love it all). I should stay up and do some more editing, and maybe after I'm finished here I will, for just a bit.

I almost skipped this one cuz I didn't have something profound or deliberate to say. So far this year, something, some "theme" has come to me, either as the day progresses, or as I put Grif to bed, that is both the perfect match to the picture I've captured today, or is close enough to spark something else.

I almost skipped this simply because the walk from Grif's room to the computer seemed impossibly, horribly, exhaustingly long. But at this last thought, I realized that was just silly. All of it was just silly. Today was nothing extraordinary, but neither was it not special. We celebrated a friend's surprise birthday. I spent time with good, good friends. I (once again) chose the wrong thing to order at the restaurant (and once again had that funny food envy). We cuddled, Grif and me, and I held him tight as he fell asleep tonight. And although that's nothing out of the ordinary these days either, when I hold his small body close, when I smell his little boy smell, when I marvel in this good, good life we all have together, I realize that today was still totally extraordinary.

No comments: