Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reminders

I was going to blog about yoga. And the boy. (I know, strange and crazy topics.) I was going to blog about life, my thoughts, my worries, my crazy mind that wouldn't settle down this afternoon, my knee (which is strangely hurting me a ton all of a sudden), my blah, blah and gobbledegook.

But then I ran across this video. And I decided to blog about it instead.

Today is Valentine's Day. And my day started waking up to a wonderful, generous, funny, caring, intelligent man who is also my husband. And getting to wake up a sweet, hilarious, funky-haired, scared-of-sharks, grey-eyed little boy who is also my son. And it was filled with crazy work, procrastination, more crazy work (more procrastination), some writing, some indulging, some yoga, some mind wandering, some thanks, some celebrating, some realizing, some worrying, some hoping, some happiness, some fun.... and this. I posted it on Facebook as well, so if you ignored it there, I urge you to watch it here. And if you are too lazy or busy or disinterested to watch it, you can read it instead (but you'd miss the music -- the sweet Italian music -- that is so well chosen, and so perfect for conveying this message that I think you should skip to the good stuff and just push play below): 
Be happy
Show up
Follow your heart
Find a new perspective
Have a sense of wonder...
Find people you love...
Set goals
Help Others
Dance
Pamper yourself...
Face your fears...
Go to a museum
Exercise
Limit television
Get in touch with nature
Lighten up
Get a good night's sleep
Read books
Buy yourself flowers
Don't compare yourself with others
Don't beat yourself up
Be open to new ideas
Don't focus on negative thoughts...
...Focus on creating what you desire
Make time just to have fun
Keep the romance in your life
Make a gratitude list
Love your Mother Earth
Want what you have
Be true to yourself

My day ended with this. And I think yours should too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heres a song/band you might dig. these 2 r nuts. see ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V90sOa9SYQ&sns=em

Steph M. said...

Anon - thanks for sharing!!!! Always love to hear new bands....

Anonymous said...

the other song they have that i love is " block after block"
if you have the chance, check out one of their vids kim is the drummer and she smiles the whole time she plays. its infectious. anyway, i saw them first at sandstone in kc, ks. ever hear of it? ; ). see ya!