Wednesday, January 6, 2010

And so, it begins (2010)...

Our holidays were truly magic...only my sister's house could be so full of chaos, love, wonderful food, a 90-pound puppy, and true, true goodness. Happiness. Fun. It was the perfect way to close down 2009 with laughter and family and everything it should be. The grand finale of a wondrous decade.

A new year begins...has already begun, in fact (how quickly). It sidled in while we were still opening gifts with Grif and eating decadent food and even more decadent cookies and pie. Sneaky, New Year, sneaky. I have so many hopes, big dreams, bigger expectations, giant demands from (of) this year...where will we be at this time in 2011 when we look back? Will I have accomplished all I wanted? Will I remember -- know -- to be truly grateful for it? Will even the things I failed to do (again, still) bring a feeling of contentment or peace, knowing that there is either time yet to complete them or that they weren't really all that important anyway....It brings a smile to my face to look forward. Breath held. Fingers crossed. Prayers answered. Thanks given.


So here's to 2010. Here's to snow days, coffee breaks and egg breakfasts. Here's to working out more (really) this year. Here's to even returning back to "real" life at work -- as I refuse to let the madness and slight disenchantment of my job get me down. Here's to fitting into that one old dress in my closet. Here's to sled/car/bike/plane/boat rides with Grif. Here's to summer afternoons and cool fall nights. Here's to spending more time with husband. To spending less money. To spending at least one long holiday at my little farm. Here's to all the things that I (we all) vow to do/change/start/finish every year, but never...quite...do. Here's to the hope of those things. Cuz really, as long as I still believe in these things, hope for these things, hope for my life, then I can truly enjoy this wonderful, beautiful new year. As I should.

No comments: